Tuesday began bright and sunny, but soon clouds came in, leaving large patches of blue sky, but we had a mostly cloudy day.
I took Her Highness to the Ricki Ave. trail to walk, but she refused to join me. SO, off we went to shop for supplies with which to make another curried rice salad, this time adding lots of small scallops and shrimp that I fried up in lots of my new yellow curry. Dwight eats seafood, but not meat or poultry, so the salad will serve us well for lunch when he is here.
On the way home, I picked up some soil with which to surround the new heather plants I added to the front bed, and then we went to Rollo Park where Sheba was willing—almost enthusiastic—to walk on the grass. Then we came home, her to chill in the yard until lunchtime, and me to make the salad.
When I was done, I decided to chaise myself and read instead of watering as rain is predicted while we are in Nanaimo. I’ve got an early afternoon appointment at the pacemaker clinic today, and a date with the sushi master at Quality Foods for lunch.
I read some more in the afternoon because Sheba refused to walk on a trail she is always very willing to explore. It’s a popular dog walking path that’s rich in foreign urine, so I was surprised at her balking. However, reading more of Angle of Repose was extremely delightful.
The bird frenzy on the fountain was spectacular today. As I stood still beside it, at one point there were thirteen birds on the fountain edges and om the stick I’ve jammed into the bowl for them to perch upon. They move me because they are so trusting and I am so happy to be providing so many birds with water.
In three months, I shall be entering my eightieth year. I turn seventy-nine in early December. I’m rather chuffed about becoming eighty, so I shall start thinking of myself as that age immediately after this year’s birthday. Most of my life I have lied about my age. I only stopped a decade ago. I picked up the habit in elementary school. I wanted to be the same age as the rest of the kids, so I added one year to my age and the habit stuck.
It’s overcast. I should water, but I will spot water before we leave, then late this morning Her Highness and I will go to Nanaimo to do some shopping and to go to the pacemaker clinic. We’ll be ruching home immediately after the appointment.















No comments:
Post a Comment