Elsinor is another movie that I’m very keen to see. In it, Andrew Scott plays Ian Charleson, the star of Chariots of Fire, in this dramatization of Charleston’s historic performance as Hamlet at England’s National Theatre, right after receiving a devastating diagnosis of AIDS. And bonus: Olivia Coleman.
•
Time got away from me yesterday morning. I was rushed off my feet by unexpected things. David called and we fell into a long chat about concerns he was carrying, and then Steve called to vent about having to wait for seven hours in the emergency ward of an LA hospital. His landlord, who’s ninety-three, fell and Steve looked after him until they returned home and his landlord was settled in his bed,
The morning began as most every day does, with posting, doomscrolling through newsfeeds, doing dishes and putting things away, then came the calls. Once they were done, I took Sheba for our morning walk which was long overdue. And then, when I came home eager for some quiet time, I remembered that I had to pick up Eoin at the automotive shop where he was leaving his car for repairs, to drive him home. Off we went!
When we got back home, it was lunchtime. And then I had a brief rest during which I could read before Jacob and Grayson arrived to fall the tree I wanted down. I’m so glad I’s down. It was leaning, and with it gone, my backyard gets more sun, especially in Winter when the sun is low in the sky.
| Before the tree came down. |
| Jacob, in the orange safety jacket, on his way up the tree. |
| Jacob has removed all the branches and felled the top portion of the tree. Grayson was on the ground cleaning up the branches. |
| The end result. I'll start stacking the little pieces today. |
I walked Sheba at 15:00 while the team was bucking the fallen tree, and soon after that, it was dinner time, and I was glad to be back to my quiet and uneventful life again. When dinner time came, we were all very happy to eat and bring our day to an end on soft furniture.
•
When I opened the back door to escort Sheba to the gate which I opened for her so she could cruise the hood at 5:00, I was happy to feel rain on my head. But tomorrow begins a week without precipitation, so my watering may not yet be over for the season. The good weather will give me time to load the smaller pieces of bucked wood into a woodshed.
Today, though, will be an indoor day. I shall read more of John of John, and I shall also practice my bit for SPACE that happens in Vancouver on the 17th of Ocotober.
No comments:
Post a Comment