Saturday was beautiful and sunny all day. My day began, however, in eight-degree temperatures. It was cool outside, but lovely to be out there while in the spa. I was putzing around the house from 4:00, doing dishes, vacuuming and putting things away. Then Stacy called, at 8:45. I went to meet her at Mad Rona’s for a muffin and hot chocolate, and then we walked the meadow behind the farmers’ market.
While she went to the market, I went to the pharmacy to pick up the prednisone for Sheba, and then, once I was back home, Stace came by with Rory, her granddaughter, to see Fred and Ethel. We had a lovely visit, and I was thrilled to see Tosca, her Great Dane puppy whom I adore.
I spent the entire day fighting fatigue. This happens sometimes with me. I had a great night sleep Friday night, but I was yawning and wiping tears away all day yesterday. I’d read for a while, then nap, then read, nap, read, nap until it was time for Her Highness and I to go to Elder Cedar to walk on a truly beautiful afternoon. It was bright and sunny, but the day’s high was only 15°.
Today, the sky is clear and it’s ten degrees outside. I have lit a morning fire, and I shall spend the day drawing white lines on the glass of my back doors and the windows of the studio. The white lines will, I hope, end the death of birds by glass on my property, and I will read John of John. It’s going to be a lovely lazy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment