Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday: Mexican Dinner

I decided to make a Mexican dinner for my friends Sylvia, John and Bunny. Bunny is making and bringing the flan for dessert. I decided to make two recipes I got in Sayulita last year: Spicy Tuna Tacos and Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad. Honestly… this is one of the better dinners I have made.

The Ahi Tuna prior to searing for the tacos.
It is seared in the green sauce in the photo below.
Lime juice, olive oil, cilantro (lots of it)
jalapeƱo and ground cumin.  
The shrimp. De-veined! I love mild OCD.
This is the bast of the salad that I will lay on a bed
of shredded iceberg lettuce. On that I will add the baked corn,
broken taco chips, the baked shrimp and cilantro.


More OCD. Hand shucking. I start with the knife but
then only use my thumb and not a kernel is left. I am a pro.

The kernels baked.
The colonels baked is an altogether different image.

This I love. It is the sauce for the tacos and it is
heated with adobo—find that.


No comments: