Thursday, October 25, 2018

To Vancouver!

So leave this morning for a day-and-a-half in the Big Smoke. ‘Ole one-eye with “exquisite” anxiety is off on an adventure. I’ve had moments of true excitement and no sense of apprehension. 
I’m going to have lunch with the Dwightster and then see the Guo Pei show with Jane and Dianne. Then I’m going to John and Bunny’s to stay overnight and they are taking our friend Shirley and I out for dinner. Yes, I’m going to eat in a real restaurant! That truly excites me.
Friday I meet Cathy for breakfast and Dwayne for lunch (at Le Crocodile!) and then I come home.
This kind of trip is something I want to do more often to keep my Vancouver friendships alive, so I hope all goes well. I think it will; I trust it will. My plan is to go to Toronto or Los Angeles for a big adventure as soon as I can, but I have to “pass” a couple of these little trips to Vancouver and the big island before I can consider that.
The thing about this trip that is different than my big island jaunts is that I won’t have Sheba with me. It makes a huge difference to be with her.



















No comments: