Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Vertical

Today I felt decent. I still have cold symptoms but the flu symptoms have passed. I’ve stayed awake today but I’m still taking it easy. One thing’s for sure, I’m having a spa right away now that my errands are done.
I slept soundly all the days and nights of Sunday and Monday even though, on Monday, there was a constant thumping of the well digger next door. It didn’t bother me at all.
My God, illness sucks everything out of you. However, garbage days happen regardless and pet needs continue. 
I have a lot of work to do on the series of events I’m proposing for the Arts Council. I’m not convinced it’s the right method for fundraising yet. But my copy for a membership drive is good and my strategy for that campaign is solid.
I’m not sure how they feel about my re-brand. I’ll likely hear this week or next.  In the meantime, I have to tweak the series to a point where people believe in it or we dump it and think of a different development strategy.
When you’re sick…. Well, you think a lot.
I was thinking of death now as Mortem Beatus (I’m not sure my Latin declension skills are in tact). Blessed Death. I feel that death, something I’ve always feared, is more welcome as a way out of a world gone rank mad.
I’ve given up on Democracy now that wealth determines who leads. Democracy gave us Trump. There are too many people, too many stupid people, to many angry greedy people on the planet. The planet is full of people out for themselves individually and collectively. 
When I walk here in this backwoods paradise, I am constantly reminded how beautiful the world is. City people, our leaders; they have forgotten planet earth. It’s invisible to them. They’ve forgotten what they’re fighting for—or should be fighting for.


















No comments: