Thursday, February 3, 2022

Just another day!

I was studying as soon as all my morning chores were done yesterday, before going on the morning dog walk with my friend, Judith, and our dogs. I’m one keen student of ASL.

It was a dark day and cool. The overhead clouds were thick. I kept the fire up and studied until 2:30 when it began to snow. It was a gentle snowfall; nothing was sticking, and it had turned to rain by 5:00. But still, it snowed, and it made me want to just stay indoors, all warm and cozy. We skipped our afternoon walk. It was too vile outside. And the evening was uneventful.

This morning began in a most unusual way. I awoke because I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back into bed, I felt pain in my right arm. I touched the sore area with my left hand, and it felt wet. I quickly turned on the light and found a nasty gash on my arm and my pillows and sheet were blotched with blood everywhere. That was a lifetime first.

So the day began with doing laundry—I find that if you wash cloth that has blood in it, it comes out if the blood hasn’t had time to dry.

This morning at 10:30, I connect with my online FND support group. I’m looking forward to telling them about my signing and how it so positively affects my speech. I really like this group. I’m seriously keen to see everyone.

The rest of the day will be spend doing errands, household duties, studying and, perhaps, some reading. Just another day.

















No comments: