Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yesterday (Tuesday): RAIN!


The whole week looks iffy for walking so reading and errands will fill my time. Tuesday was forced rest but it was good because at age 65 and with mild arthritis in many joints, my hips and one knee have been feeling the cumulative effect of all my walking.

A couple of decades ago, I got seriously into roller skating. I skated all my life and only quit two years ago after a fall and too many broken ribs, but there was a period in my early forties were I was regularly speed skating 20 kilometres almost every day on the campus near my home. And during that time, for the first time in my life, I felt that endorphin high on many days and recently that feeling has come to me during my walks. I feel like I could walk all day forever. I love it. I feel more at rest moving.

No comments: