Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Doing Drugs


I left with enthusiasm to see Dr. S. but I arrived pretty damaged by the bus trip. I had two very mild seizures while with her. Unfortunately seizures are back in my life, so you will understand why this encapsulation of a key part of today's session ends where it does.

“Do others of your patients speak of me before symptoms and me after symptoms or old me and new me?”
“Almost every one.”
“The symptoms never go away, do they?”
“No. They may ebb and flow, though.”
“And I get used to them, right? I learn to manage them.”
“Yes.”
“And the stuttering. It probably won’t go away either then, right?”
“Probably not. The propensity will likely always be there but as you relax into the new you, I think it’ll improve.”
“I think I’ll try the daily drugs, then, to see what that’s like.”
“If that’s what you want to do, that’s what we’ll do.”

No comments: