Monday, July 31, 2017

A Very Busy Week Dawns

Front, side view to show the mussels and barnacles, back.

I’ve no idea how many hours went into this dress but it must be around two hundred and fifty and I’m still not finished. I have to add the feet to the bottom pieces and the buckles tonight. I am extremely pleased with it; t’s been a hell of a journey.
Bruce cancelled our plans for a sleepover this coming weekend. His family felt it was too much too soon; it would be better on a weekend without Pride and the fireworks. I’m actually relieved because it was concurrent with Steve and Tim’s visit.
Last night I made great progress on the defiant dress. The pole is finished. All I have left to do is add the feet to the bottom pieces and the buckles. I’ll do both tonight.
This whole week the temperature is predicted to hover around 30° in the afternoons. I’m keeping to myself today in advance of a busy week: The onslaught of Pride, the arrival and Steve and Tim and the fireworks.
And with the Arts Club’s AD back from France and it being the end of the month I “have a feeling” (that’s the only way I can put it) that I will hear this week whether or not they will option my script.

My friend John built his "Folly" out of bamboo
that he grows in his garden.


















No comments: