Friday, August 6, 2021

Veterinarian Day!

Day 46 without rain, and there’s no sign of rain in the immediate future. But it’s going to be refreshingly cooler until the middle of next week, then it’s predicted to get hot again. At least, today there are lots of clouds in the sky giving all living things at Pinecone Park a bit of a break from the relentless heat and burning sunshine.

Yesterday was a much better day than Wednesday. Sheba was much perkier, and she was willing to go for a walk in the cool of the morning on the soft grass of Rollo Park. And when I got home, Stacy called and invited me to dinner.

Stacy doesn’t live here full time. She’s a doctor at Vancouver General Hospital, but she has a lovely home on the water here and we really enjoy each other’s company. I was very happy to have the invitation to join her last night. Sheba came as well and sniffed everything around with Otis, Stacy’s dog.

And Darrell came by to look at the site where I want him to complete the fence and build a gate. He’s the fellow who did all the work here when I first moved here. He’s a great guy and I was glad to see him again. He’ll be back on Monday to build the fence. Woo hoo!

Today, I’ll be watering (of course), reading and at 2:00 I take Sheba back to the vet. I hope the cone can come off, but I’m worried that without it she’ll start chewing her foot again. My God, I hope she’s over her self-mutilation. I assume it’s possible because she is walking well now; if the cause has healed, I can be optimistic.

Every minute seems like an hour as we wait to see the vet. 
















No comments: