Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Excellent Meeting

I was full of hope and excitement in advance of yesterday morning’s meeting. I was hoping earnestly that we could discuss ‘communication’ in some depth. I had many questions and ideas. Since reading the ad in our local newspaper that the Foundation wanted experienced volunteers, I’ve been thinking about how I want to be of help to them. And now I have ambition. I want them to consider a monthly or bi-monthly newsletter and I want to be the editor.

Don, Carol and Dyan arrived as scheduled at 9:00, and the meeting went very well. But what a complicated situation the clinic is in. It’s a very complex organization and our ministry, the Health ministry, is in chaos. However, after two hours of chatting, I’m writing a draft communications strategy for us and I’m very happy to have a technical writing role.

Plus, everyone is keen on a newsletter. I want to take that on, so by volunteering to do the draft communications plan, I feel I am positioning myself well for the job.

Today, we had a truly lovely morning, bright and warm, but the clouds came back for the afternoon and there’s naught but shitty weather in the forecast. Seriously, we have had a disaster of a Spring. But, my gardens are thriving and I haven’t had to do any watering, so I’ll be grateful for that.

I’ve been called in to see my GP. I’m nervous when he wants to see me. I hope he’s having me come in to tell me he’s arranged for me to transfer to another doctor. Fat chance though! I just had some kidney tests, and we know that my kidneys are failing, so that may be the reason. But I suspect it’s about my having high blood pressure. It went up to 190 the other day and is often that high. I’m in touch with my mortality, that’s for sure. 
















No comments: