Sunday, June 12, 2022

Writing for STAMMA

My ex, Steve, likes to party and he loves dressing up. For the Concert in the Garden at the Huntington Museum in LA., he wore the outfit above.

It turns out, STAMMA, the U.K. stammering support society I love and highly respect, is not interested in my video after all. They are interested in my writing, so I’m going to start writing content for their website. And Dyan and the clinic, sent me a wonderful email that sets me up as their go-to writer as well, so I’m back to being a technical writer again. I’m very happy about these new relationships!

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, Sheba and I walk the trails alone. On the other days, I walk with company in the morning, and alone in the afternoon. It’s always been one of the highlights of my day, walking in nature, but now when I walk, all I think about is being mauled by our new resident bear or cougar (cougar as in killer claws not horny female). I found some whistles I bought a while back and I’m going to try to remember to take them with me on future walks when I’m alone, to warn off animals.

When I got home from the market yesterday, it started raining. Of course it did! Later, the sun came back out. It was glorious but the lawns were too wet to mow. Of course they were! So Sheba and I left for our afternoon walk, and guess what: it clouded over and poured with rain. So, when we got back home, I got into nice comfy sweat pants and wrote the first draft of my first assignment for STAMMA and revised my copy for the clinic. 

At 3:00 there was bright sunshine and torrential Monsoon-like rain. Sigh.

I got up at 5:30 this morning and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. It was clear and bright and comfortably warm. But now, at 7:30, it’s completely clouded over, and it looks like it’s going to rain. Sigh. I’ll go on the big community dog walk with Sheba, and then I’ll come home to either work in the garden, or on the clinic newspaper spread, and tonight Jay is coming over to watch the Tony’s with me.
















No comments: