Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Back from the Big Smoke

I’m back, and it’s official: I hate going to Vancouver. 

I don’t know how people can stand living in big cities. I paid $24 for two hours of parking in downtown Vancouver while I was at lunch with Nicola. And traffic! Fucking Hell! There’s no street parking, there’s construction everywhere, roads have become one way, and there’s just too many people. Everywhere there’s hordes of people. However, it was wonderful to be with Nicola at lunch, and with John, Bunny and Leslie in the evening.

Both ferries were late on Monday morning, so I made it to Nicola just in time. But the anxiety of the delays made my symptoms get dramatically bad. Sigh. However, no one cares, not even me.

I got home at 2:30 yesterday and was very, very glad to be back in my womb and to be reunited with Fred and Ethel. I went to bed very early and slept soundly until the morning.

Today’s been cloudy and dull. I am in recovery. I spent a good bit of time researching how to free up my stove and discovered some valuable information. I was right. It’s ventilation system anchoring the stove and I found directions online on how to remove it and I forwarded the info to Zach, the repairman. He’s coming tomorrow and we both hope a new switch will solve the problem.

And … I saw a wonderful interview with actor Olivia Coleman and Rufus Norris, the artistic director of The National Theatre in London. It’s a great interview! Here’s a link.




The flowers of the Judas Tree grow strait from the bark.












No comments: