Thursday, June 9, 2022

Swainson's Thrush


Swainson’s Thrush is the loveliest sound in our forest, at least to my ears.

Wednesday’s morning sunshine was very welcome. Sunshine boosts my spirits and gives me energy. Still, I whiled away the morning awaiting my appointment—in person!—with Dr. Majic. It was, as I had guessed, about my blood pressure. I now am on blood pressure reduction medicine.

When I got back home, there was an email from Dyan, my ‘boss’ at the clinic. It thrilled me. I wrote to her late last night with what I thought was a brilliant idea. The Foundation is planning a spread in our local paper for next month, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the clinic. I wrote to her to suggest that we ‘use’ the anniversary, not to look back, but to look forward. I suggested we announce our newsletter and to push people to become members to receive it.

She wrote to say that she liked my idea and she asked me to draft copy I’d propose for the spread, showing how I could link, in text, the past and the future. I’ve already written it and sent it off to her. She will use what I’ve done to support our pitch to the Foundation board of directors to do what I’ve proposed. Now I wait. But I feel very good about what I’m doing. I’m very happy to be fitting in.

With that done, I got to some yard work. We’re not walking because Sheba has hurt on leg or paw and is limping. She does not want to go on walks.

At 2:00, I Zoomed with Lydia. She is my ex sister-in-law and I adore her and her family. We have stayed close over the 28 years since Steve and I broke up. She and her family are coming here to visit me in August and, perhaps, again in September.

This morning I Zoom with my U.K. stuttering group and we are welcoming a special guest, a person from the London hospital that specializes in FND. I’m really looking forward to the session … if I can get logged into it. I’ve had trouble the past two times logging in and I’ve missed the sessions. I really don’t want to miss todays meeting.

It’s raining. Why? Because it’s the worst Spring ever in this part of the world. It’s just so creepy to be spending another month indoors. It’s almost the middle of June and there’s no prediction for change in the weather in the coming week. May was miserable and now June is shaping up to be the same. Will Summer weather ever arrive?












Lapis.




No comments: