Friday, November 19, 2021

B-B-B-B-B-B-Bad Speech

My speech has deteriorated to being as bad as it’s ever been. I’ve always been able to talk at the medical clinic here because I feel so good about everyone there and have had such great, great care from Dr. Majic. But not yesterday; I could only make sounds as I tried to say words.

Repeatedly during the stuttering conference last weekend, renowned experts and other people who stutter said that there is no recovery. It’s got me in a bit of a temporary funk. I say to myself, “It ain’t cancer,” several times a day. That’s how I make myself feel better till this mood passes.

I’ve always thrived in Summers and endured our dark, cold wet season and this season is prime awful. I find I’m much more fluent in warmth and much more prone to challenging symptoms the rest of the year. Sigh.

Yesterday’s afternoon walk was in sleet. It was 2.5°; there was more rain than snow, but it was sleet. Shizah! 

I had more sushi yesterday and will again today. Yum! Starting tomorrow I’m going to binge on vegetables. This is the season for Brussel Sprouts. More yum! I love my new dietary plan! It’s healthier and more varied. I’ll never go back to baking, except for others. Pasta now is an extra special treat. I haven’t had any for almost two months.

I’m going to have to change the title of my blog. I’m thinking: Born to Bore, Entrance to Snoozland, or HTMHF (how the mighty have fallen). Something dull and catchy at the same time. You should come here for the pictures.

I’m off, now, to go for the dog walk and then to do some shopping, then I’ll be on the couch with a book all day. Just like yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that. Etcetera. 
















No comments: