Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Storm Report

This is a brief news article from this morning’s online Vancouver Sun.
A wild storm that swept through B.C.’s south coast on Dec. 20 last year caused more damage than any previous storm and required the largest mobilization of B.C. Hydro resources in history, according to a report released Wednesday.
B.C. Hydro’s Storm Report revealed that more than 750,000 customers lost power as a result of the storm. This had a greater impact than the August 2015 windstorm that affected the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley and the 2006 windstorm that hit Vancouver Island and devastated Vancouver’s Stanley Park. Of the 750,000 homes without power, 350,000 were on Vancouver Island, representing 80 per cent of customers on the island and the Gulf Islands.
I may be leading a workshop at the upcoming IOTA festival (a workshop festival)—may be! I have until the end of the week to see if I can put together a proposal. I want to try to develop a workshop for non-artists that is focused on helping them create a self-portrait for our community mural.
And I’d lead it. Mr. Siezure, Mr. Stutterer is seriously thinking of conducting the workshop a few times for a small group in my studio. I can’t believe I’m considering this but I really am doing all I can to make the self=portrait mural project work.
Our mural committee meets tomorrow and the larger fundraising committee meets on Monday. I’m going to me mining participants at both meetings for marketing/promotional strategies.
Dianne and I spent a fabulous New Year’s Day together. It began with breakfast prepared by Dianne while I walked Sheba. Then we lazed around and read before going on the second dog walk of the day together, to Drumbeg.
After that we had a lovely long hot spa together and then I made dinner with a lot of fabulous vegetables Jay left me because he has gone on a cruise for two weeks. We followed dinner with a Netflix film that totally sucked.
We have fun together no matter what we are doing. We are very sympatico.
I’m going on a community dog walk this morning. Then we’ll have breakfast and sometime this afternoon, Dianne will return to Vancouver. This afternoon, I work on the workshop before another walk, dinner and early to bed.

















No comments: