Saturday, June 12, 2021

A Fire Saves the Day

Deborah, a neighbour, thinned her Crocosmia, a plant I love, and she gave me a big bag full of them, so yesterday I planted them in my garden. I can hardly wait for the return of good weather so that I can do more in the garden where I planted them. It borders on the wasteland part of my yard where I’ve done nothing in four years.

Once the gardening was done, I made curtains for the windows of the studio. They’re kind of gaudy but they’re pretty when there’s a wind and they’ll prevent birds from flying into the glass. And that was the end of my work for the day. The rest of the day was idled away like so many hours of every day, and while it rained.

 It’s looking good this morning, the sun is shining, and the sky is largely clear, so I’ll do some work in the garden where I did the planting yesterday. I’m going to expand the garden under the trees and then I’ll clear the wasteland area beside it. 

Ny nine, the sky had completely clouded over, and my day was looking, again, like another indoor day, so I lit the fire. My God, the fire and its warmth pleases us, my cats and I. Sheba is fine with cool weather. She’ll love the walk, which is imminent, and then she’ll sleep in the cool of the bedroom whilst der kittens and I bundle up on the couch together, me to read and them to sleep.
















No comments: