Sunday, August 21, 2022

Departure!

Saturday began at 7:00 am when I heard voices in the living room. I got up to find Lydia, Martha and Walter up and at ‘em in the living room. My guests have moved in and have made my home theirs. They look after themselves well. Martha made pancakes for breakfast after rummaging around the larder and finding all the ingredients she needed. Then we went to the Farmers’ Market.

While at the market, at one point I found myself alone and, looking around, it seemed like there were thousands of people and all of them were coming toward me. I felt quite distressed, and I should have known what was coming. I had the longest and roughest seizure I’ve had in years. Luckily Paula was nearby, and she was on me as soon as she saw me in trouble. It was really awful. At one point, I thought I was going to lose consciousness; I could not get ait into my lungs.

So, we left the Farmers’ Market. Everyone went shopping for supplies for dinner, but David came home with me. I desperately needed to chill. We improvised lunch from leftovers and market purchases and then I went to bed for a good long nap. When I awoke, I was thrilled to discover Ben and Walter chatting with Issa and Merrill. 

Late afternoon was spent playing board games at the table in the garden. It was a blast. Walter spent lots of time with Issa and the afternoon passed wonderfully, and then we came indoors for dinner (quiche) and then my guests got busy packing up for today’s departure before playing more games together. 

We were all up at 6:30 this morning, and at 7:30 they pulled out of my driveway to head for the 8:10 ferry. I watched the ferry lineup on the Ferry Cam and saw that they made it onto the ferry they wanted.  

I’m very, very happy to be back to solitude. Walter, 18 months old, was in a foul mood when he arrived, all screaming and crying. I thought: This is going to be a long, long and trying visit. But yesterday, Walt was in great spirits, and I had him playing games with me. It was a really great, easy day yesterday except for the nasty seizure.

Today Sheba and I will go on the big community dog walk, and then I’ll come home to chill. I’ll do some watering and then settle down with Bruno on the chaise. It’s Sunday! My day! No guilt day! Indulgence day! And I’m ready for it. I loved the visit of my guests, but I’m very, very happy to be alone again on a quiet gentle day. 















No comments: