Monday, August 15, 2022

Walking Again!

Sunday began with an early morning visit with Jupiter, Dianne’s spectacular horse who’s a changed horse thanks to her love and care. I hug him and pet him as long as I can without being a nuisance. I feel so lucky to be able to be with such warm and friendly and HUGE pets.

I cleaned gardens from 7:30 to 10:30. I lugged four heaping wheelbarrow loads of detritus into the forest from my gardens—particularly from their edges. It felt very good to rid the edible garden of all the cones that had fallen into it. At 10:30, I took Her Highness for a walk. She’s doing very well again. 

And then it was back to gardening until it was time to clean myself up and to go, with Sheba, to Stacy’s for lunch. I earned the lovely seaside lunch and chill time with Stacy after the past few days of endless working. Besides, it was Sunday. Me day! And then, after lunch, I came home to do indoor chores and some tidying of the studio as that’s where Martha, her husband Ben, and their baby, Walter, will stay when they come next weekend.

At 5:30 I called my friends Lowan, Lois, David and Sheila. They had invited me to their party, but I couldn’t get a reservation on the ferry. And a surprise awaited me: Sheila’s brother Ken, and her sister, Loreen, were there too. I did not know that they were going to be there and seeing them had me in tears. I love them so, so much and I was deeply sad that I couldn’t hug them and be with them. It was very emotional seeing them all, but wonderful!

Today: Walking with our dog group, yard work and then lunch with Shirley before more yard work and car washing.















No comments: