Monday, March 7, 2016

Challah Victory


Sunday was a lovely day. It broke so beautifully I was out the door at 8:00 am to walk the wall but for only the second time, I turned back due to rain. I did not have a water-resistant coat on, nor did I have an umbrella, so I came home damp but happy. It was still so warm being damp didn't matter. Besides, I was looking forward to my champagne and treats party in the late afternoon.

To coincide with the arrival of my guests, I decided to try another loaf of challah and this one (see above) turned out really well. I am chuffed. There's plenty of air in the meat of the bread and the crust is fine. I still have problems getting my breads into the oven, even with the peel, but I think with my next bread baking I will succeed by using parchment paper.

My treats, made in class yesterday, went over very well. I felt proud of myself and my decision to take the baking course. Everyone also really enjoyed the novelty of happy hour at 3:30 in the afternoon. We had lots of champagne.

No comments: