Wednesday, July 17, 2019

C&F Depart

I heard it at 4:45 am and bolted from my bed. It was the sound of heavy rain on my tin roof and we’d left a lot of things outside. So I was out in my underwear, collecting clothes and cushions and bringing them inside. 
I lit the fire to dry things so that Chris and Frani could pack dry clothes and to de-humidify the house. I leave the windows open when I have summer fires on days like today; it was lovely and cozy inside.
I had five seizures yesterday. Fun comes at a price!
I loved Chris and Frani’s visit. They arrived with our dinner for Monday night, I had prepared our picnic for yesterday (and it was absolutely perfect) and last night we had a nice leisurely spa together and then we ordered pizza and played Cribbage.
Playing games is something I rarely did in Vancouver. But playing games is seriously fun. Tile Rummy is a fabulous game; I loved it. And so is Cribbage. When we played our game of Crib, we were laughing and talking all the time.
And this morning, Bruce called. He, Carny and Bill are coming her for lunch on Monday and then, on Wednesday, Paula comes to visit. Yes: Visits cause my seizures, but they are so  worth it! Besides, all these people love me so it doesn’t matter. 
Guests bring my summer vacation to me! Our picnic yesterday, on a shallow cliff overlooking the sea was the experience I long for every summer: Good friends, Sheba, great food, drink and weather, plus the most spectacular view.
And although my back still hurts, I’m going to see how working goes. I have little left to do so I hope to be able to finish it—taking it easy but without the rototiller. 
Dr. Magic thinks I’ve fractured a rib. He pushed on the end of my rib, near the sternum, and it didn’t hurt. But when he pressed on the other end of the same rib, I saw Jesus and screamed. He said I go to Nanaimo for a confirmation but as there’s no treatment for broken ribs, I decided not to. He suggested it would take three months before I feel healed, and to take it easy.
















No comments: