Thursday, July 7, 2022

Dwight Departs

Dwight has just left and all I want to do is sleep. However, in a few minutes I’ll be joining my U.K. STAMMA FND group and so I can’t hit the couch until that session is over. Dwight’s visit, plus the dinner party last night, has be totally beat. Today will be a day of rest.

Yesterday we went for a long walk with Di and Erik and our dogs. Dwight loved the walk and it thrilled me to hear how much he loved all that he saw. We walked to Nelder’s pond, all the way around it, and back out to the car. All in all, we walked for almost two hours. It was overcast but warm, and it didn’t rain. But the wet grass, as high as our knees, had us arrive home soaking wet.

I lit a small fire to dry things out and while they dried, after our lunch outside on the deck, we came in to watch Jane Eyre by the National Theatre. I’d seen it before and longed to see it again; Dwight loved it and as soon as it was over, I went into high gear getting dinner ready for Steve’s and Dan’s arrival. The dinner was a blast, and my curry dish went over extremely well with everyone. Dan wants my recipe.

Until tomorrow, I be sleeping.
















No comments: