Saturday, July 16, 2022

Gentle Rain and Endless Typing

It was cloudy yesterday and I prayed for rain. I wanted the lawns and gardens to get a good soaking. Almost exactly at 11:00 am, my prayers were answered. It wasn’t heavy but it was rain, and it lasted all day. It was light and showery but good enough for me.

I spent most of the morning working for the clinic. I went into the village to talk to the newspaper publisher and get their ad rates and to negotiate a break on the billing for us as we are a non-profit health society. We are getting an article published one week and putting a large ad in the paper the following week and it’s all been left to me to write and manage. The publishers are lovely people and were very supportive. We will pay the regular rate, but we’ll likely get free colour.

When I came home, I revised the text for the ad and then got comfortable on the couch with Bruno. I wanted a bit of a break. I’ve been working hard, filling every available minute on clinic work, and earned myself time for a couple of chapters. I love how rain relaxes me and prompts be to couch comfort with a book. But then I got an email from Dyan that means I will have to re-do a lot of the work I’ve done. It doesn’t bother me, but it certainly keeps me busy. However, I felt sick of clinic work, so I lit a small fire and kept reading through the afternoon. 

The evening was my usual— me and all the pets on the couch watching TV and loving each other. And what a great, great sleep I had. I slept through the night for the first time in years. It was wonderful. 

It’s another cloudy damp day, perfect for re-working the clinic articles. But first I’ll go into the weekly Farmers’ Market. We’re still not walking because Sheba has two damaged feet now; I’ll be working all day on clinic stuff. Well, maybe with a little bit of time with Bruno. 
















No comments: